Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thoughts: Call All Your Pulitzer, Booker, Governor General and Nobel Friends!

Feeling giddy...

This afternoon, Tuesday, March 27, 2012, the last pages of How To Lose Your Voice Without Screaming (the greatest novel of ALL TIME!) came into being. It's a truly amazing feeling to complete your novel, and it feels unreal: your novel is the kind of thing you're only supposed to be working on. But, miraculously, I'm done. Now, it is something I can hold up in the air and announce to anyone who will listen, "I MADE THIS!! IT IS MINE!!" This is something I have practiced quite a bit with my human children. And they seem to like it a lot. I sincerely hope my book is not indifferent to conspicuous public displays complete astonishment? If so, suck it up, book. You'll simply have to adapt.

Really important background information: I started the novel in the summer of 2009 while sub-letting an apartment in Jamestown, Toronto. I chipped away at it on weekends in the UAE, and while on vacation in Japan, at a friend's office in Koriyama. (Thanks Wild Bill.)

And now, How To Lose Your Voice Without Screaming (the greatest novel of ALL TIME!) is done! Which is freaky. 


And, wonderful


I can't wait until you read the whole thing!

Alistair

P.S. call all your Pulitzer and Nobel friends... They read too, right?

No comments: