Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Thoughts: anticipating The End

If you're a Facebook friend you know I've recently been taking care of a whole team of sick ladies of various sizes and shapes. On the weekend, I found myself making french toast - with a sneezing eleven month old on one arm and a hacking five year-old standing by in close proximity providing endless commentary and non-sequiturs to confuse me - and feeling just a little too much like Dustin Hoffman as he endeavoured to make breakfast in the 1979 classic Kramer vs Kramer...

And now, this weekend, I am off to the Dubai Festival Authors...

I am very excited about the latter but, unfortunately, this means it may be yet ANOTHER week before I can announce that "I have completed How To Lose Your Voice Without Screaming!".

Let it be said, however, that all the characters (Kingsley, Martha, Louis, Doktor Flees and Zeak the Sheik) are presently standing-by in the wings, very professional, stretching and getting more deeply into character in preparation for the unbelievable climax that will end the story and free them to move on to other forms in other stories.

Please do stand by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to it. And then to the redraft.